Hot Springs, Trekking and Cities
Dates: Group 1 – 22nd June – 1st July
Group 2 – 6th July – 15th July
Availability: Fully Booked
Janet’s Journeys’ is back again with another EPIC trip planned, and this time we are heading down to South America and visiting the unique, diverse and mountainous country of PERU!
Come with us for a 10 day adventure, seeing everything Peru has to offer like the famous UNESCO World Heritage site Machu Pichu, Rainbow Mountain and much much more!
- All meals
● All activities
● All accommodation
● All travel (buses, train ticket, airport transfers and 2 domestic flights)
● Additional snacks and any extra activities
● International Flights
● Travel insurance
● Tips for guides etc
Throughout our stay in Peru, we will stay in a mixture of hostels and guesthouses. The full hotel list will be available once the 12 spaces are booked, and I assure you you’re gonna love every single place!
All rooms on all trips are shared, with 2 people in each room. We will partner you with an adventure buddy – an amazing way to make new friends! You’ll be moved around to pair up with a new friend every couple of nights.
All rooms will be twin sharing, private rooms, not dorms!
Day 1 - Lima
Welcome to Peru! You will land in Lima, where your transfer will collect you and bring you to your hotel.
This evening will give you time to relax ahead of your hectic and exciting day tomorrow!
Day 2 - Flight to Cusco
We fly from Lima to Cusco, domestic flights are included in trip price.
After checking in to our hotel, we will head off on a guided visit around the city of Cusco and the surrounding archaeological sites.
- Historical capital of Peru
- Incan and Spanish Colonial architecture
- Cathedral of Santo Domingo, a Baroque church built on the ruins of the opulent Incan Koricancha Palace (Temple of the Sun)
- Incan holy place of Q’enko, an amphitheater once used for ceremonial sacrifices
- Incan monument of Tambomachay, ceremonial site of water worship
- Sacsayhuaman, an Incan fortress and site of the IntiRaymi (Fiesta del Sol), most notable for its hand-carved stones up to 9m tall and weighing over 350 tons
- Incan tambo (travelers’ rest stop) of PukaPukar
Day 3 - Sacred Valley
After an early breakfast at our hotel in Cusco, we head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Be sure to have your camera ready to capture the lush Andean landscapes and traditional villages that dot the hillside!
- Pisac, a small town with its exquisite architecture is the perfect place to buy authentic Andean souvenirs. As you browse through the selection of traditional clothing and handicrafts, you’ll easily understand why the Pisac market has a reputation of its own. In this town you will have the opportunity to visit its many ¨Pueblos de Cuy¨ or town of guinea pigs.
- Ollantaytambo, an Inca site that began as a palace but was eventually used as the last Inca stronghold against the invading Spanish conquistadors.
- Maras, the sight of this still-operating salt mine, in use since Incan times, will amaze you! The stark white of its steeply descending salt pans juxtaposed against the green of the surrounding mountain slopes
- Moray, used as an agricultural testing ground, the site’s system of circular terraces descends 490 feet (150m) from where you will be standing, serving as a perfect testament to the level of advancement achieved by the Incas
Day 4 - Machupicchu and Hot Springs
Today, you can tick one of the seven wonders of the world off your list as we head to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Machu Picchu!
● Guided tour of Machu Picchu
● Insight into the construction history of Machu Picchu
● Information on Hiram Bingham’s discovery of this sacred site in 1911
● Explanation of the most significant architectural features, including the Sun Stone, Sun Temple, and Room of the Three Windows
After the tour, we return to Aguas Calientes town to spend one night there.
Day 5 - Cusco
We get the train in the morning from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and from Ollantaytambo private transportation to return to Cusco.
We have a relaxing afternoon to get ready for our dinner buffet show where you will enjoy the most representative dances of Peru.
Day 6 - Rainbow Mountain
After a delicious breakfast, we will begin our walk on the trailhead at Cusipata and visit the famous Rainbow Mountain!
● Spectacular excursion to Vinicunca, also known as the Rainbow mountain
● Natural wonder with slopes striped with vivid colours created by minerals
● Picturesque hike through fields and small towns
● Panoramic view of Ausangate mountain during the trek
● Opportunity to see native animals such as chinchillas and vicuñas
Day 7 - Puno ( Lake Titicaca )
The Perurail Titicaca Train is an unforgettable railway journey, traversing the incredible route from Cusco to Puno in Peru across the Peruvian Andes.
Operated by PeruRail, the train is easily one of the most luxurious in South America, taking guests on an opulent and breath-taking adventure in 1920s-style Pullman carriages with gourmet dining, endless panoramic views and delights like afternoon tea and Peruvian dancing.
We’ll arrive at Lake Titicaca in the evening and check into our hotel, have dinner, relax etc.
Day 8 - Full day at Lake Titicaca
After an early breakfast at your Puno hotel, our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel to begin the full-day tour of Lake Titicaca and nearby islands.
- Arrive on the shores of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world
- Boat excursion to the Uros Floating Islands, a collection of man-made islands constructed from floating bundles of reeds
- Leisure time to shop for souvenirs in the market, and explore these floating wonders created by the Uros tribe to defend against rival tribes
- Two-hour boat ride across Lake Titicaca to Taquile Island, home of a Quechua community which continues the tradition of having the male residents produce fine handicrafts
- Leisure time to explore the UNESCO World Heritage site and take in the beauty of the surrounding areas from the citadel at the island’s peak.
Day 9 - Morning flight to Lima
We get a private transfer from our hotel in Puno to the Juliaca Airport and head on our flight to Lima. Then we will have a private transfer to our hotel in Lima. This extra dat gives us another chance to see more of this city and discover some of Lima’s most popular restaurants and night life.
Day 10 - Departure Day
Airport transfers to catch your flight home unless you choose to extend your stay in Peru.
Want to join?
Click here to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know briefly WHY you want to come, and then I’ll let you know if a spot is yours or not. Once I email you back and confirm, you can pay the deposit to secure your spot.
**ONLY 12 SPOTS AVAILABLE**
Terms and Conditions
Your deposit is non refundable.
For the balance of your payment, I can refund you the full amount (minus your deposit) up to 8 weeks before the trip begins should you have an emergency / illness / need to cancel.
Anything closer than 8 weeks, I cannot refund you. I suggest you take out travel insurance that covers trip cancellations, that way should something happen like you get Covid, you will get a full payout from your insurance company.
Feel free to email me should you have any questions about payment methods, payments schedule etc.
MORE 2023 TRIPS
Have look through some more of our group trips!